Saturday, September 12, 2009

Roulade Respite

so...an update from last post:

*All 3 avocados were usable...ACE!!!
*It was raining about the time for the Freedom Walk...so we went to Sonic instead. That's American, right?
*We went to Home Depot to look for knobs. Turns out they are all horribly shaped and between $2-4 each. Since we have 40 knobs, I think I'll just continue ripping Umbros.

Now to today's events:

Ahhhh...I have such an amazing hubby. He got up with the kids this morning (M at 7, B at 7:30) so that I could sleep. He also made breakfast.

We attended the Schertz Jazz Festival today and heard some friends' bands...the boys (B and his best pal, B) played on the playground. Michelle W. and I listened from afar.

I made a roulade tonight with sirloin - which was really too thick to pound out...I had to butterfly it then pound it to smithereens. I had a "clean out the fridge" roulade...spinach, garlic, ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, and parm. It was quite tasty alongside some pasta with pesto. I think that B ate about 1/2 pound of penne tonight.

Kids are in bed, W is in the tub, I'm debating about getting my stuff together for church tomorrow. I wish I were more proactive in the "getting ready for stuff" department. I tend to wait until time to go to do the "run and grab"...I digress.

I meet GM tomorrow during a performance of Madame Butterfly at Municipal Auditorium. He's fitting me in between warming up the chorus and Act 2. Perhaps I will, uh, accidentally stumble into a seat, say, 5th row center?

In summation:

1. Best husband ever
2. Hope the "quotes" police aren't reading this
3. Righteous Roulade

No comments:

Post a Comment