Friday, September 11, 2009

Consignment Allergy


M woke bright and early...6 AM. Went with Pam to a children's clothing/stuff consignment show...whereupon entering, I encountered racks and racks of assorted clothing. There were MANY women (some who brought there own laundry-basket-on-wheels...sheesh) who were frantically hunting and digging thru the clothes. I am not a digger. I like shopping for clothes that are neatly arranged by style, color, and size with prices clearly marked. I do not get any pleasure out of scooting myriad hangars around while keeping an eye on the kids, feeling around for the price tag, then bending up the back collar to see what size the item is. I almost broke out into hives. I can't take it. I'd just rather pay full price.



We got home and Pam and I discussed two very exciting topics. Cabinet knobs and what color to paint B's furniture. I hate our kitchen knobs. They are shaped so that anytime you walk past one it catches on your clothes. I have ripped two pair of Umbros (which...fashionable or not...I LOVE umbros) not to mention all the near-misses with other unsuspecting pants, shorts, and skirts.



I laid down with B today. I accidentally fell asleep. (Not really...this is what all SAHM's say...it's a conspiracy. We take naps b/c we can and we deserve them. You learn this on your first day as a SAHM.)



Now the kids are eating raisins and sorting plastic bears. I'm about to make some enchies for dinner. I have some red sauce and tomatillo sauce along with some Oaxacan cheese. I'll also make some guacamole. I bought 3 avacados b/c you can never be sure if they'll be any good or not. I bought 3 last time and all 3 were bad. You can't win them all.



We're off after dinner to the Freedom Walk. We're all wearing our perfunctory Old Navy American Flag 2009 shirts.



In summary:

1. No Digging

2. Knobs Suck

3. We Love America!

No comments:

Post a Comment