Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hmm.


so...it's 5:27 am. i returned about 1/2 an hour ago from taking my mom to the airport. we had a great visit. i know that i should 1) try to stop her 2) get it all done myself 3) insist that "no, no! i really don't need her help!"...but I LOVE that my mom does the laundry, changes diapers, gets the kids bathed, dressed, in bed, etc. i stopped feeling guilty and trying to stop her a long time ago. when she says she likes to help, she means it...who am i to get in the way of that?!

anyway...i've had something to blog about for a while. i've hesitated to mention them but these things weigh heavily on me...so here goes...

there are four people (families) that i think about and pray for everyday:

1. frank bingham
2. angie & joe zurovec
3. vanessa lucio
4. brady sullivan

here's why (reader's digest versions):

1. frank lost his wife, his daughter (4), and his son (2) while on a spur-of-the-moment hot chocolate run to downtown denver in november 2006. his wife, becca, was a dear college friend of my friend, michelle wheeler. the kids were in their strollers, each being pushed by a parent, when a drunk driver ran a red light and hit all four of them. the kids died immediatly, becca several hours later, and frank was seriously injured.
2. angie and joe are friends of mine who lost their 2-year old son mark to drowning on august 10th, 2008.
2. vanessa, also a friend, whose husband, devin, was shot and killed by a co-worker on october 13, 2008. vanessa found out a week after his death that she was pregnant with their son. "baby devin" was born this summer.
4. brady sullivan is someone that i do not know personally. i was FBing when someone posted his blog. i didn't intend on reading over a years worth of blogs...but i couldn't help it. brady's wife, sarah, was diagnosed with breast cancer last february and began chemo. she was pregnant with their first child who was born three weeks premature in early september 2009. shortly after the baby was born, sarah began having convulsions, etc and never recovered. she was declared brain dead and taken off life support just days short of her 29th birthday. their daughter, chloe, is now a little over a month old.

so...i have a difficult time knowing what to pray for because...what do i pray for?! i could go on for days telling you what these people have meant to the way i conduct myself, my worldview, my faith. my heart is broken for them. perhaps now that i've taken the lid off this cookie jar i could share my thoughts in later posts.

if you'd like more info on angie and brady, here are their blogs:

bandssullivan.blogspot.com
missingmarkallen.blogspot.com

so...here's my hope:

Isaiah 65:17-25 (New Living Translation)
17 “Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore.
18 Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and delight in my people. And the sound of weeping and crying will be heard in it no more.
20 “No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only the cursed will die that young!
21 In those days people will live in the houses they build and eat the fruit of their own vineyards.
22 Unlike the past, invaders will not take their houses and confiscate their vineyards. For my people will live as long as trees, and my chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains.
23 They will not work in vain, and their children will not be doomed to misfortune. For they are people blessed by the Lord, and their children, too, will be blessed.
24 I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together. The lion will eat hay like a cow. But the snakes will eat dust. In those days no one will be hurt or destroyed on my holy mountain. I, the Lord, have spoken!”

it's 5:47 now. time to:

1. drink a cupocoff
2. turn on the state controlled media
3. rejoice in my daily activities (even the laundry and diapering)!
4. rejoice in my most excellent husband and precious kiddles!

1 comment:

  1. I am more grateful than you will ever know that you pray for us every day. That means so much to us...even if you don't know what to pray for. I feel the same way. God is in control and I rejoice for all that I have, even though it is mixed with pain and anger over what has been taken.

    I am glad that I found your blog. First follower...yay for me!

    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete